Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP M1005 Laser Jet Printer Installation

I am using MacBook Air 2020, I tried to install HP M1005 Laser Jet Multifunction printer software. It is not allowing to install. Its shows error "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update'. Can you please provide me the solution to install the printer.

MacBook Air 13″, 11.5

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 7:30 AM

Hi,

To begin with, it may be a good idea to reset the printing system. Does the operating system offer a suitable driver to use?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If necessary (and applicable), you may want to check whether the Dec 11, 2020 HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US) package from Apple would change anything. Look for something like the HP LaserJet M1005 1.6.1 driver mentioned in the referenced Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support article.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 7:30 AM in response to manomanikandan

Hi,

To begin with, it may be a good idea to reset the printing system. Does the operating system offer a suitable driver to use?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If necessary (and applicable), you may want to check whether the Dec 11, 2020 HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US) package from Apple would change anything. Look for something like the HP LaserJet M1005 1.6.1 driver mentioned in the referenced Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support article.

HP M1005 Laser Jet Printer Installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.