Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad system storage 121GB

My iPad “other system storage” is at 121GB. I’ve tried resetting the iPad by erasing to factory settings, but it keeps going back to the 121GB of storage. How do I fit this. I can’t download any apps to actually use my iPad

thanks

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 3:09 AM

2 replies

Jun 18, 2021 3:41 AM in response to Kris3011

You mention “erasing to factory settings”. Just to be clear, are you attempting this from iPad Settings (i.e., Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings) or have you actually tried restoring your iPad to Factory Settings? These are entirely different procedures - with different outcomes.

If you have not actually restored the iPad to Factory Settings, having ensured that you have either an iCloud or iTunes backup, follow this process:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

As a diagnostic exercise, do not restore from your backup when prompted to do so, but instead set-up as new - then verify that your storage is clear. When satisfied, as a second step, you can restore data from your backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

iPad system storage 121GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.