Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off Game Center on iPhone?

Apple has done it again. I don’t want to use Game Center. I will NEVER use Game Center. I play two games on my iPad. One of the games … every time I start it … pops up the Game Center login screen … Nagware. This happened a couple months ago and eventually disappeared after several weeks. Now, it’s started again.

How do you get Apple to stop the Game Center entirely (and stop NAGGING their clientele)?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 7:43 AM

Sign out, turn off privacy settings, whatever NOTHING WORKS! Apple values our privacy and security yet this nag continues and shares data. Apple, please provide a way to TURN THIS THING OFF PERMANENTLY

10 replies

Jul 12, 2021 2:06 PM in response to bim273

Yeah…. How do we fix this? There is no longer any way to log out of Game Center with the recent update… yet it keeps overwriting my game saves (manifold garden) which is messing me up. Does anyone have suggestions? If this is just a new feature with recent updates then Apple needs to fix this ASAP! Otherwise, game over I’ll delete both!

Aug 5, 2021 4:50 PM in response to LotusPilot

I am also having a problem with the Game Center. First off it keeps popping up in one game, after a very long drawn out conversation with apple and deleting the app with the hopes it would come back at the same level, it did finally go away, for about 2 weeks. Now every time I shut it off, it turns itself back on and pops up again, is there some way to get it to shut off for good? I chatted with support today, and was told I couldn’t play games on my iPad without the Game Center on, which is a definite lie unless they changed it with the last update. So I just told him he couldn’t help me and left the chat.

Sep 3, 2021 1:02 PM in response to bim273

I finally got the nag screen turned off … again.

I’m just wondering when it will come back on again.

To recap …

I don’t use Game Center and I don’t want to use Game Center.

Even though I was FULLY signed out of Game Center … I got the nag screen.

Eventually (and mysteriously) it disappeared.

How do I turn off Game Center on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.