You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unable to activate an update is required to activate your iPhone"

so *family member* erased everything from my iphone7 accidently and when I try setting things all again it gives me "unable to activate an update is required yo activate your iPhone" so I tried connecting it to iTunes on my pc and it didn't recognize the device at all even though iTunes is updated to the latest version and all! I'm still stuck on the set up page and I cant do anything because of that error :((

Thank you in advance!!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 6:46 AM

1 reply

Jun 19, 2021 9:45 AM in response to iruma045

Hello iruma045,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing some issues when trying to update your iPhone using a computer. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

It sounds like you've done some great steps to try to update your iPhone in relation to the error message you received. If your computer isn't recognizing the device you are connecting, try following the steps listed in the article below to try to get your computer to see the iPhone again:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Keep us updated on how it goes. We hope this information helps!

Best Regards.

"Unable to activate an update is required to activate your iPhone"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.