Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Apple ID not valid

My Apple ID is no longer valid and I have a new one. How do I remove old one from my MAC?

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 5:47 PM

What do you mean by not valid? If you can't sign out of the old Apple ID so that you can sign in with the new ID, do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

OS X Recovery

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 5:47 PM in response to jhp7035

What do you mean by not valid? If you can't sign out of the old Apple ID so that you can sign in with the new ID, do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

OS X Recovery

Old Apple ID not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.