Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage

Hey I have a question if I just bought a new phone with a new number would I still be getting messages from my old number like would It get transferred to my new phone

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 5:38 PM

Franquezs Said:

"Imessage Hey I have a question if I just bought a new phone with a new number would I still be getting messages from my old number like would It get transferred to my new phone"

-------

Ask your Carrier:

Perhaps. Ask you provider, as they are the one who provide you with the service of messaging. Report back what they say. If of no option, then you'd likely have to inform all those on your contact list with the new number.

Keeping these Contacts:

So you don't lose all of these contact, you would enable Contacts in iCloud on your old phone, and do the same on your new iPhone. Doing so, all Contacts would stay associated to your Apple Account.

Use this Link n Both Phones: Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 5:38 PM in response to Franquezs

Franquezs Said:

"Imessage Hey I have a question if I just bought a new phone with a new number would I still be getting messages from my old number like would It get transferred to my new phone"

-------

Ask your Carrier:

Perhaps. Ask you provider, as they are the one who provide you with the service of messaging. Report back what they say. If of no option, then you'd likely have to inform all those on your contact list with the new number.

Keeping these Contacts:

So you don't lose all of these contact, you would enable Contacts in iCloud on your old phone, and do the same on your new iPhone. Doing so, all Contacts would stay associated to your Apple Account.

Use this Link n Both Phones: Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

Imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.