Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Getting my text from old phone to new

Hi so my iPhone 11 is damaged and I bought a new one how do I get my text messages from my old phone to my new when I have changed carriers and changed numbers so my old phone number is no longer available

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 2:09 AM

Regarding your data…

1. If you have an iCloud or iTunes latest backup, then there is nothing to worry about. Just restore from it, else...
  2. If You have synced your data to iCloud, then what you will get back is what you have synced to iCloud and uploaded to iCloud Drive;
    1. The information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail*, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data*, call history*, and files* you store in iCloud Drive.
    2. *-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, Mail, Health data, call history under iCloud, and files you store in iCloud Drive your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID
  3. You have imported your Photos & Videos to Mac/PC then they are safely residing there on Mac/PC
  4. You have uploaded some of it to Cloud Drives using the Files app (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud etc). The data remains there.
  5. If you have not backed up or do not have the latest backup, nor imported nor you have synced or uploaded your data to cloud drives prior to the situation that you are in, then I am sorry, all your data is lost.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 2:09 AM in response to Jojoandmellie

Regarding your data…

1. If you have an iCloud or iTunes latest backup, then there is nothing to worry about. Just restore from it, else...
  2. If You have synced your data to iCloud, then what you will get back is what you have synced to iCloud and uploaded to iCloud Drive;
    1. The information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail*, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data*, call history*, and files* you store in iCloud Drive.
    2. *-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, Mail, Health data, call history under iCloud, and files you store in iCloud Drive your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID
  3. You have imported your Photos & Videos to Mac/PC then they are safely residing there on Mac/PC
  4. You have uploaded some of it to Cloud Drives using the Files app (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud etc). The data remains there.
  5. If you have not backed up or do not have the latest backup, nor imported nor you have synced or uploaded your data to cloud drives prior to the situation that you are in, then I am sorry, all your data is lost.

Getting my text from old phone to new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.