Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Action Touch Bar Greyed Out

Hi all,

currently Im working on quick action for my touchbar.

I have created one quick action in automator, but once saved, the quick action appear but its greyed out, no action after I clicked on it.

the is my quick action's workflow :-

what I actually want is the quick action will open new text edit even though existing text file is opened.

in extension in system preferences also ticked.

but if it run from automator, its work perfectly.

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 7:04 AM

Hey Komanjoe,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities!

It seems you are having issues with your quick actions being greyed out. These actions are often greyed out when the current application you are in is not the intended application that the quick action is looking to target. With this being said you will need to have the target app open in order for the quick action to be enabled. You can find more information about this issue on this page: Automator Quick Actions: Extensions.

Best Wishes.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2021 7:04 AM in response to KOMANJOE

Hey Komanjoe,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities!

It seems you are having issues with your quick actions being greyed out. These actions are often greyed out when the current application you are in is not the intended application that the quick action is looking to target. With this being said you will need to have the target app open in order for the quick action to be enabled. You can find more information about this issue on this page: Automator Quick Actions: Extensions.

Best Wishes.

Quick Action Touch Bar Greyed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.