Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam Calls

I have received multiple

calla since 10:30a this morning (for an hour or so right now) from a spam caller telling me I have suspicious activity on my Apple account (which is untrue). They keep calling from multiple different numbers and leaving voicemails. I have blocked every number that comes through but I just don’t know what to do anymore.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 9:44 AM

Blocking numbers isn't very effective because, as you have found, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed. One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2021 9:44 AM in response to dsweezyy

Blocking numbers isn't very effective because, as you have found, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed. One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Spam Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.