Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on SD card now "Read only" and locked

My SD cards from game cameras are now locked and "Read Only." The lock tab is not on lock. I cannot delete the photos on my computer, but can delete them in a camera other than my macbook pro

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 6:53 AM

Elpar wrote:

Thanks, I got it fixed.

The only bad system seemed to be CleanMyMac. Maybe it conflicted with the new Catalina OS? I'm not that computer savvy.

One of the worst...

CleanMyMac —excellent marketing campaign, strong wallet vac, and is known to cause nothing but added issues on the macOS, it is never recommended.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2021 6:53 AM in response to Elpar

Elpar wrote:

Thanks, I got it fixed.

The only bad system seemed to be CleanMyMac. Maybe it conflicted with the new Catalina OS? I'm not that computer savvy.

One of the worst...

CleanMyMac —excellent marketing campaign, strong wallet vac, and is known to cause nothing but added issues on the macOS, it is never recommended.

Jun 20, 2021 10:59 AM in response to Elpar

Elpar wrote:

Thanks, which computer protector would you recommend for a MacBook?

Third party AV is not recommended— it typically does nothing but add issues to the macOS and competes directly with Apples own built in security:

macOS - Security - Apple  https://www.apple.com/macos/security/

Apple Platform Security - Apple https://support.apple.com/guide/security/welcome/web

Jun 19, 2021 12:41 PM in response to Elpar

Elpar wrote:

My SD cards from game cameras are now locked and "Read Only." The lock tab is not on lock. I cannot delete the photos on my computer, but can delete them in a camera other than my macbook pro

Reformat the SD card using the camera if you have an issue.

If the SD card is failing in some way

Try a different SC card to compare results.

Jun 20, 2021 5:03 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks, I got it fixed. When I saw the dialog box come down and said: "Erase using CleanMyMac" with no delete button as when normal, it sent up a red flag. At the top of each photo it said "Locked" instead of "Back/forward." I uninstalled the "CleanMyMac" on my laptop, then reinstalled it. It worked and now back to normal with the option to just "Delete" unwanted photos from the card.

I didn't think the cards were the problem since I could put them into my digital camera and Ipad and everything worked fine. The only bad system seemed to be CleanMyMac. Maybe it conflicted with the new Catalina OS? I'm not that computer savvy.

All is well now, thanks for the response.

Elliot

Photos on SD card now "Read only" and locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.