Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bright green vertical light on the right side of my iPhone X screen a few days ago. What is cause?

I have shut down a d restarted the phone a couple of times. The light is very bright and runs from the top of the screen to the bottom on the right side. The vertical light seems like several pages or layers thick. Is this fixable or repairable or am I going to need to replace the phone?

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 5:33 PM

The description of the vertical line on your display that you have provided tells me that your display may be failing. This is a hardware issue and you will not be able to repair it with software. My recommendation is to have your iPhone X examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and resolution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2021 5:33 PM in response to Jacquelinebsmith@hotmail.com

The description of the vertical line on your display that you have provided tells me that your display may be failing. This is a hardware issue and you will not be able to repair it with software. My recommendation is to have your iPhone X examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and resolution.

Axel F.

Bright green vertical light on the right side of my iPhone X screen a few days ago. What is cause?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.