Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“SearchLeadingInfo”

I keep getting this message very frequently which interferes with use of laptop.

Do you want the application “SearchLeadingInfo” to accept incoming network connections?

Clicking Deny may limit the application’s behavior. This setting can be changed in the Firewall pane of Security & Privacy preferences.

If another system tries to connect to an app on Mac

When another computer tries to connect to an app on your Mac over the network or Internet, macOS displays an alert message. The app may be trying to allow other computers to connect with your Mac, or it may be sharing information with other computers.

Note: If no action is taken, the message remains displayed, and any attempts to connect to the app are denied.

* If this type of behavior is expected from this app, click Allow.

* If you don’t expect the app to connect across the network, or if you don’t want to share information, click Deny. This blocks attempts by other systems to connect to the app.

* Was this help page useful? Send feedback. This is what comes up when I click on ? This alert is coming on all the time. I cannot find any extension or whatever to link to this warning, What and where should I look for?

Can anyone help

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 9:12 AM

Besides the great help so far...

Sounds like AdWare...

See if you have unknown Profiles.

To remove a configuration profile in macOS:

1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences....
  2. From the View menu in System Preferences, select Profiles.Note:
  3. Profiles won't be visible until you have at least one profile installed.
  4. Select the profile you want to remove, and then press the - (minus) button. Click Remove to remove the profile.

There is also free Malwarebytes which may take care of it...

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 9:12 AM in response to AHBoodoo

Besides the great help so far...

Sounds like AdWare...

See if you have unknown Profiles.

To remove a configuration profile in macOS:

1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences....
  2. From the View menu in System Preferences, select Profiles.Note:
  3. Profiles won't be visible until you have at least one profile installed.
  4. Select the profile you want to remove, and then press the - (minus) button. Click Remove to remove the profile.

There is also free Malwarebytes which may take care of it...

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Jun 21, 2021 6:02 AM in response to AHBoodoo

Hi AHBoodoo,

To help troubleshoot your mac, I think it would help to run a diagnostic app called Etrecheck. You can install it by clicking this link and then clicking the "free download" button. Once the app is installed, open it, choose a problem, and run a scan. Make sure the app has "full disk access." The report will be generated after a few minutes, then you can share it with us by clicking "share report" at the top of the Etrecheck window and click "copy report."

Return to this website, and start replying to my post. At the bottom of the reply editor box, click the button that looks like a piece of paper. Paste the report here (command + v) and then share the reply.

“SearchLeadingInfo”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.