Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I move the face circle in Photos on the MacBook?

I'm trying to add some face names to a photo on my MacBook. When I click on the circle to move it over to the face, the whole picture moves instead. How can I move the circle over the appropriate face?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 7:39 AM

You can only move faces circles you added yourself, not the circles of automatically detected faces. Manually added faces circles are showing an "x" on the left side of the circle.

If you cannot move a manually added circle, quit and restart Photos. Sometimes it is even necessary to restart the Mac, before we can move the circle.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 7:39 AM in response to punkingee

You can only move faces circles you added yourself, not the circles of automatically detected faces. Manually added faces circles are showing an "x" on the left side of the circle.

If you cannot move a manually added circle, quit and restart Photos. Sometimes it is even necessary to restart the Mac, before we can move the circle.

Why can't I move the face circle in Photos on the MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.