Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection of a brand new Apple TV 4K to a sharp Roku tv

I am trying to connect a brand new Apple TV 4K to a sharp Roku tv, should be simple, right...NOT.

I have connected to tv with high speed hdmi cable, when I turn on tv and select Apple TV, it does not detect it, just asked if it is on (it is, the light on the Apple TV is illuminated). I have tried to find anything in settings I may need to adjust and I don’t see anything. It does see that the Apple TV is plugged into hdmi 1 in the CEC settings. Your help would be so very much appreciated!

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 9:53 AM

Greetings. I have a Roku 4K 7131X, model 55S425-CA and a 4K apple tv. Everything was going great but recently I've been getting a lot of buffering. I've been down the road of unplugging the modem, waiting a minute, unplugging the power and HDMI cable from my AppleTV device. Connecting it all together again. It might work..it might not. I've also cleared the cache on my Roku tv. I've done a full factory reset on my AppleTv device and nothin! The constant error message when trying to connect to say YouTube or Crave TV is "unable to join the network "virginXXX" It works when I connect the ethernet cable from the apple tv device to the modem but that defeats the purpose of having a wireless connection. I believe the problem is with my Roku tv. I am able to use the Apple TV device on my Philips tv in the bedroom. Anyone else had this issue with Apple and Roku not having a love connection? :)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2021 9:53 AM in response to djbp07

Greetings. I have a Roku 4K 7131X, model 55S425-CA and a 4K apple tv. Everything was going great but recently I've been getting a lot of buffering. I've been down the road of unplugging the modem, waiting a minute, unplugging the power and HDMI cable from my AppleTV device. Connecting it all together again. It might work..it might not. I've also cleared the cache on my Roku tv. I've done a full factory reset on my AppleTv device and nothin! The constant error message when trying to connect to say YouTube or Crave TV is "unable to join the network "virginXXX" It works when I connect the ethernet cable from the apple tv device to the modem but that defeats the purpose of having a wireless connection. I believe the problem is with my Roku tv. I am able to use the Apple TV device on my Philips tv in the bedroom. Anyone else had this issue with Apple and Roku not having a love connection? :)

Jun 27, 2021 11:10 AM in response to Dagweld

I finally did a factory reset on my Roku TV and reinstalled everything, the Apple TV is now working fine. I purchased the Apple TV because Roku is no longer on “speaking terms” (😉) with Spectrum, our internet and streaming tv provider. My love of our Roku devices has declined…dealing with Spectrum is challenging enough! Good luck with your challenges!!

Connection of a brand new Apple TV 4K to a sharp Roku tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.