Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K HDMI to Onkyo TX-NR6050 Not Working

My Apple TV 4K connects via HDMI to a Sony A80CJ TV and the audio is output via HDMI eARC to an Onkyo TX-NR6050 receiver and 7.1 surround speakers. However, when I try to connect the Apple TV to the Onkyo via HDMI, I get at best a blue screen at worst the TV says there is no input. I have tried changing the HDMI input settings on the Onkyo to "4K Enhanced" as well as "4K Standard" and "8K standard" and "8K enhanced". Other inputs including a Roku and BD-DVD player work well connected via HDMI through the Onkyo.

Has anyone successfully the Onkyo TX-NR6050 with the Apple TV? Is there a hidden setting that I have missed? Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 8:56 AM

If I understand you correctly,

Apple TV →[HDMI]→ TV →[HDMI eARC]→ receiver

works fine, but

Apple TV →[HDMI]→ AV receiver →[HDMI eARC]→ TV

does not.

Verify that you used HDMI-in and HDMI-out correctly, as indicated by the arrows.

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 30, 2022 2:47 PM in response to KTouw

The only other thing I can think of, is that situation #1 requires selecting the input HDMI port on the TV with the TV remote, and situation #2 requires making that selection on the receiver with the receiver remote and selecting the receiver (once) for input on the TV with the TV remote.

You could try to automate that through CEC, after getting it working manually first.

Apple TV 4K HDMI to Onkyo TX-NR6050 Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.