Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive iPhone XS Max Touch Screen without iCloud Back Up

My iPhone XS Max touch screen is unresponsive. Apple Genius Bar did a reset and asked me replace the screen. Unfortunately, I have not tuned on iCloud back up and my last back up image on iTune in my computer was in 2019. I have tried logging in using a Magic Keyboard with a lightning to USB cable & USB to lightning cable, but this did not work as I need to enter the passcode on the log in screen.

1. How do I activate iCloud to perform a full back up on the iPhone?
  2. Worst case, how do I retrieve my photos & the WhatApps messages in the iPhone?
  3. How do I set up my Apple Series 6 to a new iPhone 12 Max Pro as I am unable to remove it from the broken iPhone XS Max?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 2:38 PM

1. You can’t without physically touching the iPhone screen. However just a screen replacement may not erase the iPhone.
  2. Same as #1.
  3. Follow the if you don’t have the old phone steps at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205189#gethelp
1 reply

Unresponsive iPhone XS Max Touch Screen without iCloud Back Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.