Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second iPhone

I recently purchased a new iPhone 12 but would like to give my old iPhone 6plus to my sister. What will she have to do to personalize the old iPhone 6plus for her use?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 10:28 AM

You will need to restore it as explained here first: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then all she needs to do is just turn it on, and follow the onscreen prompts on the iPhone to set it up with her Apple ID and data.

link-> Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restoring it return its to its factory condition, and she can just set it up normally like it was just taken out of the box.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 10:28 AM in response to askmeanother

You will need to restore it as explained here first: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then all she needs to do is just turn it on, and follow the onscreen prompts on the iPhone to set it up with her Apple ID and data.

link-> Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restoring it return its to its factory condition, and she can just set it up normally like it was just taken out of the box.

Second iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.