Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Metadata in list view without limits?

I want to be able to see duration and any other video metadata in list view. I am currently using Big Sur.

Apple has built that in if you title your folder "Movies". Typically you have to use this folder name to see the options for video metadata columns. In order to use your own folder names, you have to name it "Movies", enable the columns, then rename the folder to what you want and the columns will stay.

I simply want to have access to these video metadata columns at all times and not have to jump through these workarounds.

Any thoughts?

Mac Pro

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 12:27 PM

Your only other option for seeing the video duration in other than a Movies titled folder is to switch on Finders View menu > Show Preview, select a video, and then View menu > Show Preview Options where you can check Duration. The result in Finder's ListView looks like this:

If you don't like ListView with Show Preview, then select your video and press option+command+i to open a Get Info window which will show Duration time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 12:27 PM in response to Tangier Clarke1

Your only other option for seeing the video duration in other than a Movies titled folder is to switch on Finders View menu > Show Preview, select a video, and then View menu > Show Preview Options where you can check Duration. The result in Finder's ListView looks like this:

If you don't like ListView with Show Preview, then select your video and press option+command+i to open a Get Info window which will show Duration time.

Video Metadata in list view without limits?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.