Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrading to Mojave on a Newer Mac

Hello. I have been wanting to play some of my older games, but Apple removed support for 32 bit applications. I used Mactracker to find out what came with my Mac (shipped with 10.15.6) but I want to downgrade to 10.14.6. I have read that sometimes it will not work. Should I continue with a backup?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 10:57 AM

As an option, have you considered using a VM manager, like Parallels? With it you could create a VM of macOS Mojave in which you can run these 32-bit apps.

For example, I use Parallels' VMs of just about every version of OS X/macOS/Windows, etc. to be able to help answer questions here at the ASC.

3 replies

Jun 21, 2021 7:59 PM in response to flowafield

It won’t work because there were likely hardware changes that Mojave doesn’t know how to handle.

If it shipped with one of the early versions of Catalina, I suppose it could work if you could somehow get it to install. But, since it was shipped late in Catalina’s life, I don’t think you’d have any success.

If it is possible to run Mojave on that model Mac, you’ll need to find the answer elsewhere as discussions how to bypass Apple’s policies will be quickly deleted.

Downgrading to Mojave on a Newer Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.