Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm English and live in France. I need to purchase a new MacBook Air. Do they use querty or azerty keyboards? In Canada you get a querty keyboard with all the French symbols on it. Is it possible to get that in France?

I'm English and live in France and need to buy a Mac Air. Do the French Macs come with a qwerty keyboard or azerty keyboard? Canadian Macs have a qwerty keyboard with all the French symbols on the keys - that is what I'd like. Is it possible?

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 5:37 AM

You can see what is possible by going to the France online Apple store and pretending you are buying a MBA -- there will be a dropdown menu with keyboard choices, as shown below.

European French keyboards are always azerty. Canadian French does not seem to be available in France.

Apple stores do not sell outside their own country, so to get a Canadian French version you would probably have to travel to a country which does have them (or see if someone other than Apple is selling them on the internet).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 5:37 AM in response to Fixty

You can see what is possible by going to the France online Apple store and pretending you are buying a MBA -- there will be a dropdown menu with keyboard choices, as shown below.

European French keyboards are always azerty. Canadian French does not seem to be available in France.

Apple stores do not sell outside their own country, so to get a Canadian French version you would probably have to travel to a country which does have them (or see if someone other than Apple is selling them on the internet).

I'm English and live in France. I need to purchase a new MacBook Air. Do they use querty or azerty keyboards? In Canada you get a querty keyboard with all the French symbols on it. Is it possible to get that in France?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.