Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased Apple Music Downloads

I have recently purchased a couple of albums from Apple and now downloaded them onto my computer. I usually transfer these to a NAS drive to play on a different piece of software [Roon], but it seems Apple has broken this as downloads now arrive as HLS files and when synced with my NAS/Roon they are unplayable. This also applies to old purchases, so beware and if you purchase music, you might want to use something else unless you are happy to use Apple music for everything. Which, of course is a nightmare if you have a good hifi.

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 9:03 AM

Hi,

Read this About lossless audio in Apple Music – Apple Support. Note specifically how to turn on / off lossless music. You should set download to 256 AAC. Now remove download and then redownload purchased version.

Jim

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 22, 2021 5:21 AM in response to David Stephens

Purchased downloads from the iTunes Store are still in AAC/256 format, even if you are re-downloading a past purchase. The recent Apple announcement about lossless does not affect the iTunes Store.

If you want purchased downloads in lossless format, you can seek them out at HDTracks.com, etc., and add them to your iTunes/Music library.

Purchased Apple Music Downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.