Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update my payment method it won't let me it keeps declining the card

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 8:20 AM

A “payment declined” or “card declined" message means that the issuer of the credit or debit card you have on file in your iTunes account rejected a charge or account confirmation. It is not an Apple problem; Apple is just passing through the message from your issuer. There are a number of reasons the charge or verification might be declined:

1. Insufficient balance or account in arrears
  2. Account suspended for suspected fraud (not necessarily by you)
  3. Error in card number
  4. Wrong expiration date
  5. Wrong security (CVV) code
  6. Address in your iTunes account does not match exactly the billing address for the card
  7. The card was not issued in the country of the iTunes store
  8. You are connected through a VPN provider that does not terminate in the country of the iTunes store you are connected to.

Here is additional information from Apple→If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 8:20 AM in response to Chukwunwike

A “payment declined” or “card declined" message means that the issuer of the credit or debit card you have on file in your iTunes account rejected a charge or account confirmation. It is not an Apple problem; Apple is just passing through the message from your issuer. There are a number of reasons the charge or verification might be declined:

1. Insufficient balance or account in arrears
  2. Account suspended for suspected fraud (not necessarily by you)
  3. Error in card number
  4. Wrong expiration date
  5. Wrong security (CVV) code
  6. Address in your iTunes account does not match exactly the billing address for the card
  7. The card was not issued in the country of the iTunes store
  8. You are connected through a VPN provider that does not terminate in the country of the iTunes store you are connected to.

Here is additional information from Apple→If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Jun 22, 2021 8:45 AM in response to Chukwunwike

Chukwunwike wrote:

Oops.. thanks alot please how do i delete this post I'm new here thought i was sending to the support...

It’s a common misconception about the purpose of these forums; I asked the forum hosts to remove your screen shots, so they were only visible for a couple of minutes. For the future, you can edit a post for 15 minutes after it is posted; click the down arrow next to “Follow” to edit.

The forum is not a way to communicate directly with Apple; it is a public user-to-user technical support forum with minimal Apple involvement. If you have a question or issue that you think another user can help you with you describe it in as much detail as you can (as you did). If you want to contact Apple use the Get Support link at the top of this page or call Apple by choosing a number from this list→Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.