Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop Display Name on Mac

Hello. I am currently using a MacBook Air (macOS 11.4). However, when I try to share files using AirDrop from my MacBook to my iPhone 11 (iOS 14.6), I encounter my iPhone name displayed with my father's name. I am currently using a different Apple ID to my father, but I once did share the ID with him on the Mac, but not now.

I always had thought that the displayed device was my father's and moved files the long way. I also found out that other devices normally display my iPhone name correctly, just a problem with my MacBook. Is there a way to change my iPhone AirDrop display name on my MacBook? Thanks.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 12:46 PM

Hi jk_7,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that when you try to Use AirDrop on your Mac your iPhone shows your father’s name and we’re happy to help! The Apple Support resources below can help: 

Set up your My Card in Contacts on Mac

Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Change your computer’s name or local hostname on Mac 

Have a good day. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2021 12:46 PM in response to jk_7

Hi jk_7,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that when you try to Use AirDrop on your Mac your iPhone shows your father’s name and we’re happy to help! The Apple Support resources below can help: 

Set up your My Card in Contacts on Mac

Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Change your computer’s name or local hostname on Mac 

Have a good day. 

AirDrop Display Name on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.