Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing my music library

How do I family share the music in my library that I uploaded rather than purchased? All of the instructions reference sharing my iTunes purchases, but I've uploaded our CDs to my library and want to share this music as well, but it doesn't show on our family devices associated with a different appleID.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 8:37 AM

Chris,

Family Sharing, although the name sounds kind of broad, is specifically for sharing content from the iTunes Store and other Apple sources. For details see in here: What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

For sharing songs you've ripped from CD, you can give them copies of the audio files to add to their library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2021 8:37 AM in response to chrisfromminneapolis

Chris,

Family Sharing, although the name sounds kind of broad, is specifically for sharing content from the iTunes Store and other Apple sources. For details see in here: What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

For sharing songs you've ripped from CD, you can give them copies of the audio files to add to their library.

Family sharing my music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.