Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got an apple watch series 5 second hand and while signing in its asking for me to sign in with the previous owners account and i cant come in contact and cant put my apple acount in the watch and i dont know what to do

i got an apple watch series 5 second hand and while signing in its asking for me to sign in with the previous owners account and i cant come in contact and cant put my apple acount in the watch and i dont know what to do

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 8:53 PM

Sorry, only the previous owner can help.

Read here on what the previous owner needs to do => Sell, give away, or protect a lost Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is a theft deterrent feature with no bypass or workaround.

Without the owner's authorisation (Apple ID & password), no thief or anyone including you can re-use the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 8:53 PM in response to B1O0M

Sorry, only the previous owner can help.

Read here on what the previous owner needs to do => Sell, give away, or protect a lost Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is a theft deterrent feature with no bypass or workaround.

Without the owner's authorisation (Apple ID & password), no thief or anyone including you can re-use the device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.