Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blacklisted device

My son lost his Iphone 11 it was red. I reported it lost not stolen. A month or so later his aunt found it but by this time we've already received a replacement from At&t. He wanted the red one back active, but after We contacted At&t and they stated there nothing that could be done, and that I need to contact Asurion Fraud Dept (insurance company) After speaking with them they instructed me to contact Apple.

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 7:55 AM

Apple can't help you.

The reason you were referred to the fraud department is because that device no longer belongs to you. It belongs to the insurance company, since they replaced it. They may have declined to have you send it back, but it is not now, and never will be usable again. The carriers blacklist devices that are reported lost or stolen. The carriers are the only ones who can remove it from the blacklist. They will only do so for the rightful owner of the device. That is not you. It is asurion, and they are not going to do that.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2021 7:55 AM in response to LadiiBug74

Apple can't help you.

The reason you were referred to the fraud department is because that device no longer belongs to you. It belongs to the insurance company, since they replaced it. They may have declined to have you send it back, but it is not now, and never will be usable again. The carriers blacklist devices that are reported lost or stolen. The carriers are the only ones who can remove it from the blacklist. They will only do so for the rightful owner of the device. That is not you. It is asurion, and they are not going to do that.

Blacklisted device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.