Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting data for health

I know there is an export your data but I’m not sure what format. Probably isn’t excel being Microsoft. How can I export data so I can analyze in a spreadsheet?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 5:31 PM

I successfully downloaded my data from my phone, but the resultant files (after unzipping) are 729 MB (export.xml) and 198 MB (export_cda.xml). The first is the actual data, and I don't know what to do with the second. But they are so gigantic I can't really manipulate them as I try to learn what to do with an xml file, and applications can't open them. I've been able to open them only with TextEdit.) Is there a way to ask for subsets of the data in the first place? If I just cut them up into smaller files (which will take forever) I don't know what to do with them to make the resultant file usable. Any direction would be helpful.

Many thanks, Kevin

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 5:31 PM in response to Ben_Z1

I successfully downloaded my data from my phone, but the resultant files (after unzipping) are 729 MB (export.xml) and 198 MB (export_cda.xml). The first is the actual data, and I don't know what to do with the second. But they are so gigantic I can't really manipulate them as I try to learn what to do with an xml file, and applications can't open them. I've been able to open them only with TextEdit.) Is there a way to ask for subsets of the data in the first place? If I just cut them up into smaller files (which will take forever) I don't know what to do with them to make the resultant file usable. Any direction would be helpful.

Many thanks, Kevin

Jun 24, 2021 9:54 AM in response to I Hate WD

Hi there!

It sounds like you want to export and view your health data. We’d be glad to assist. 

Your health data is exported in XML format, which can be opened by an application like Microsoft Excel or any other application that can open XML files. The ‘Export and share your health data’ section here has more information:

Share health and fitness data in Health on iPhone

We hope that helps! 

Exporting data for health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.