Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RESTORING AN IPAD THAT IS LOCKED WITH A CONFIGURATION?

I have an iPad that was given to me that someone else had lost. (If you need specifics, hotel lost and found, iPad was never claimed. It's been a year)

When I turn on the iPad it asks for my Wi-Fi network, I put that in. Then it sends me to a page that says ACE's Configuration, which then asks for a user and password. On the bottom of the screen there's a pop up called "about configuration" all it says is that its a program that is managed over air, programmed through an administrator. I obviously don't have any access to any account. But this is all that comes up. I have no other way of getting into that iPad, that I know of.

I tried resetting it through iTunes but I was having trouble. My attempts have failed when I go through iTunes. It updates and factory resets the iPad. So now on iTunes its coming up as New iPad. But when I use the iPad it asked me now to set up a passcode for the lock screen, but still goes back to the original Configuration screen with the login required.

My question is, how can I break through the configuration to get into the iPad?

Is this a lost cause? Is this an easy fix or do I have to go to one of those Apple repair shops?

Please, someone give me an answer.

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 12:38 PM

Sounds like it originally belonged to a school or some such. Without the details of the organization that set up the iPad, you will never be able to use it. It would work the same as Activation Lock, a theft prevention feature. There is no easy fix! I suggest that you recycle the device at any Apple Store.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2021 12:38 PM in response to jennyoffy

Sounds like it originally belonged to a school or some such. Without the details of the organization that set up the iPad, you will never be able to use it. It would work the same as Activation Lock, a theft prevention feature. There is no easy fix! I suggest that you recycle the device at any Apple Store.

RESTORING AN IPAD THAT IS LOCKED WITH A CONFIGURATION?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.