Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, my phone is not working, the touchscreen doesn’t work and I can’t reset it . How do I fix?

Hi, my other phone is broken the touchscreen is broken and we can’t reset the phone , when we hold the off button and the one from the volume we can’t reset it . How do I fix?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 3:14 AM

Happened to me, too. I could not reset it, because when you press volume and off button, it asks you to swipe, which you can't do. So I force restarted: "Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button." More about force restarting: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

It did a force restart, but, alas, the touchscreen was still broken.

If you need to send it in for repair, you still can remote wipe it via the FindMy iCloud function.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 3:14 AM in response to Junior07_

Happened to me, too. I could not reset it, because when you press volume and off button, it asks you to swipe, which you can't do. So I force restarted: "Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button." More about force restarting: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

It did a force restart, but, alas, the touchscreen was still broken.

If you need to send it in for repair, you still can remote wipe it via the FindMy iCloud function.

Hello, my phone is not working, the touchscreen doesn’t work and I can’t reset it . How do I fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.