Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver issue with Big Sur and edited photos

Hi, I just updated to Big Sur recently, and found an issue with the screensaver.

Any photo that has been edited (eg cropped) will always show up in the original format on my screensaver or wallpaper. How can I get it so that the photo it shows is the one that I have already edited?

thanks!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 8:38 AM

There is currently another bug in Big Sur that makes exporting tricky. If I export a photo as a JPEG many metadata will be missing - the titles and the keywords.

So I am exporting my screensaver photos with "File > Export > Export ... photos" to a folder in the Pictures folder and use the TIFF format to export the photos at a high quality while preserving the metadata. This will produce very large files. Then I convert them with Preview to high quality HEIC files to reduce the file size to a reasonable size while preserving the quality. I am reimporting these converted files to my Photos Library to an album, where I can find them easily.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 8:38 AM in response to Jroseta

There is currently another bug in Big Sur that makes exporting tricky. If I export a photo as a JPEG many metadata will be missing - the titles and the keywords.

So I am exporting my screensaver photos with "File > Export > Export ... photos" to a folder in the Pictures folder and use the TIFF format to export the photos at a high quality while preserving the metadata. This will produce very large files. Then I convert them with Preview to high quality HEIC files to reduce the file size to a reasonable size while preserving the quality. I am reimporting these converted files to my Photos Library to an album, where I can find them easily.

Screensaver issue with Big Sur and edited photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.