Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad ‘Pages” fault.

On my iPad, the Pages app has recently stopped its ability to respond to a document edit command. This occurs when either I summon a document from the files stored. Or when I go to enter the first few keystrokes of a new document. In both instances. the selected document quits the screen and returns to the file list, If anyone has any inkling of what’s happening and more to the point on how to get the app to behave as it once did, I’d be overjoyed! A point to note, My iMac also has the same ‘Pages’ App., which behaves perfectly at all times

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 1:03 PM

Hi abueloeddie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with your Pages app on your iPad. We'd like to help.

Which iPadOS are you currently running on your iPad? You can find that in Settings > General > About. If you're not updated to iPadOS 14.6, you can update your iPad to see if that helps with this issue. It's always a good plan to create a backup first: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Then, these steps can also help: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Hope that helps!

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 1:03 PM in response to abueloeddie

Hi abueloeddie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with your Pages app on your iPad. We'd like to help.

Which iPadOS are you currently running on your iPad? You can find that in Settings > General > About. If you're not updated to iPadOS 14.6, you can update your iPad to see if that helps with this issue. It's always a good plan to create a backup first: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Then, these steps can also help: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Hope that helps!

Take care.

Jun 25, 2021 1:22 PM in response to ColleenD1

iPad fully updated to 14.6 level

However, it has been my long held view that the prime cause of any and all apps’ misbehaviour lies with the constant upgrading by Apple, and that with each and every upgrade comes the inevitable disabling of one or more of the vital features all of which worked perfectly well BEFORE the latest upgrade wiped it out. So stop trying to tell your granny how to suck eggs and send complete instructions on how to solve the problem

Jun 25, 2021 2:15 PM in response to abueloeddie

abueloeddie,

Thanks for the update.

We see that you marked this issue Solved but your reply leads us to believe that you're still experiencing this issue. Did the steps in the article help you get Pages to work as expected? We do recommend that you complete them since this issue appears isolated to the Pages app.

Let us know how that goes.

Cheers!

iPad ‘Pages” fault.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.