Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Keyboard and smart connectors with ? corrosion

I’ve started having problems with my smart keyboard not connecting to my iPad. Sometimes just re-seating the iPad and keyboard gets things working again, but increasingly this isn’t working. I’ve now noticed some sort of “corrosion” on the two connectors, which I have tried cleaning off, but it’s quite persistent.

Anyone else ever seen this? I’m guessing nothing to do but schedule a Genius Bar appointment….

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 9:23 AM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2021 12:37 PM in response to Argelius

Hello Argelius,

Having issues with corrosion on your iPad and keyboard is definitely an important issue to resolve, and Apple Support Communities is a great place for help. If you haven't already try the steps outlined in the following article for proper cleaning of Apple products.

How to clean your Apple products

If you continues to have issues after those steps visiting a location may be the best route. You can find locations online via the Find Locations website. If applicable you'll also be able to schedule appointments via that website as well.

Have a great day!

Smart Keyboard and smart connectors with ? corrosion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.