Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro smart keyboard coming apart

Hi all.

i bought an ipad pro (9.7 inch model MLQ62CL/A) and smart keyboard in october 2016

after a few months the smart keyboard was starting to show abnormal signs of wear. The side of the keyboard was coming apart. It was replaced under Apple care with a new one.

the same problem has reappeared on the new keyboard after a fe months of use.

Now the side of the keyboard is open on more than half of its length.

it is now out of warranty.

Is there a way to fix that?

Many thanks.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 1:50 PM

Update....

I called Apple support and explained the situation. The tech guy could not help, but transferred my call to another tech support advisor who was very nice. After i explained my problem and complained that the quality of the product is very bad, she did a little research and offered to send me a free replacement smart keyboard by mail. Will see when it gets here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2019 1:50 PM in response to goldbug_007

Update....

I called Apple support and explained the situation. The tech guy could not help, but transferred my call to another tech support advisor who was very nice. After i explained my problem and complained that the quality of the product is very bad, she did a little research and offered to send me a free replacement smart keyboard by mail. Will see when it gets here.

Ipad pro smart keyboard coming apart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.