Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable MMS??

How do I enable MMS versus SMS on my iPhone for messages so I can send pictures

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:47 AM

You must contact your carrier to have them verify that SMS and MMS are enabled on your account, as that is their department. SMS only requires a voice connection, however, MMS requires that cellular data be turned on.

You also need to go to Settings/Messages and turn on MMS (SMS is always on if it is set up correctly on your account; the SMS switch is just to tell your phone to send a text via SMS if an iMessage connection fails).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 11:47 AM in response to mellanea

You must contact your carrier to have them verify that SMS and MMS are enabled on your account, as that is their department. SMS only requires a voice connection, however, MMS requires that cellular data be turned on.

You also need to go to Settings/Messages and turn on MMS (SMS is always on if it is set up correctly on your account; the SMS switch is just to tell your phone to send a text via SMS if an iMessage connection fails).

How do I enable MMS??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.