Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do my photos in my camera roll save to my iCloud

if I buy iCloud storage so my photos can save to it can I delete my photos from my camera roll to make more space? Or does it not save to my iCloud cause I want to delete it from my camera roll but I don’t know if I delete it and it’s not in my iCloud ?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:49 AM

You need to follow the instructions in the blue link above your name on this page if you want photos to go to icloud. I do not recommend this as iCloud is a synching service, meaning if you delete a photo on one device, it will be deleted on all devices as well as iCloud. It is far safer to save important photos and data to your computer or an external drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 11:49 AM in response to miraa25

You need to follow the instructions in the blue link above your name on this page if you want photos to go to icloud. I do not recommend this as iCloud is a synching service, meaning if you delete a photo on one device, it will be deleted on all devices as well as iCloud. It is far safer to save important photos and data to your computer or an external drive.

Do my photos in my camera roll save to my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.