Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and Camera Roll

I store all my photos in iCloud. Have a ton of photos in my camera roll on my iPhone. Is there a way to delete a photo from the camera roll without deleting it from the cloud and thus my Photos app on all my devices?  Thanks for any suggestions.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 12:12 PM

No, that is the whole pointo of I-cloud sync: to have the same library on all your devices.

If you have a problem with space on your phone, you can tell photos to optimise phone storage, and it will only keep a smaller lower quality version of the picture locally on your phone. Full quality will still be in I cloud and on your other devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 12:12 PM in response to wsbridgeman

No, that is the whole pointo of I-cloud sync: to have the same library on all your devices.

If you have a problem with space on your phone, you can tell photos to optimise phone storage, and it will only keep a smaller lower quality version of the picture locally on your phone. Full quality will still be in I cloud and on your other devices.

Photos and Camera Roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.