Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Giving older iPAD to someone, resetting as factory unboxing start-up

All,

Just checking on this for any advice. I want give my older iPAD to another person and reset it such that they can set it up as their own. iPAD Pro 11, 2 years old, lastest iOS.

I get the process of “settings > general > reset > erase all content and settings”.

Ideally, it would be great if that process, leaves you at the welcome screen, where they can go through the unboxing process of setting it up as new. Is that the case?

They have an iCloud account, if that matters.

Any further input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 5:55 AM

Just to confirm, if you go through all of the steps in the article that helma145 posted for you, that will bring you to the Hello Screen when you start the iPad. It will be just as if you were setting it up out of the box as a brand new device.

The next owner of the iPad can sign into their iCloud account during the set up process.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 5:55 AM in response to mek

Just to confirm, if you go through all of the steps in the article that helma145 posted for you, that will bring you to the Hello Screen when you start the iPad. It will be just as if you were setting it up out of the box as a brand new device.

The next owner of the iPad can sign into their iCloud account during the set up process.

Giving older iPAD to someone, resetting as factory unboxing start-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.