Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reverse iOS update?

Does anyone know a way to undo the latest iOS update? I have a few older apps that are no longer working because of it and would love to retrieve those back. I tried looking online but all solutions seemed outdated. Let me know if anyone has an up to date solution on this. Thank you!

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 2:58 PM

ChrisS1015 Said:

"Reverse iOS update?: Does anyone know a way to undo the latest iOS update? I have a few older apps that are no longer working because of it and would love to retrieve those back. I tried looking online but all solutions seemed outdated. Let me know if anyone has an up to date solution on this. Thank you!"

-------

Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this upgrade If so, then restore your iPhone from one that particularly contains this info (your most recent backup). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your device prior to making any major change to it(i.e. upgrade installations). Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 2:58 PM in response to ChrisS1015

ChrisS1015 Said:

"Reverse iOS update?: Does anyone know a way to undo the latest iOS update? I have a few older apps that are no longer working because of it and would love to retrieve those back. I tried looking online but all solutions seemed outdated. Let me know if anyone has an up to date solution on this. Thank you!"

-------

Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this upgrade If so, then restore your iPhone from one that particularly contains this info (your most recent backup). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your device prior to making any major change to it(i.e. upgrade installations). Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

Jun 25, 2021 2:35 PM in response to ChrisS1015

ChrisS1015 wrote:

Does anyone know a way to undo the latest iOS update? I have a few older apps that are no longer working because of it and would love to retrieve those back. I tried looking online but all solutions seemed outdated. Let me know if anyone has an up to date solution on this. Thank you!

Sorry downgrading isn't supported by Apple.

Reverse iOS update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.