You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 13,1 won’t recognize AirPort Extreme - Flashing Amber Light

Had a storm and it knocked out my DSL service.

Once DSL was repaired, AirPort Extreme won’t work. iMac won’t recognize it. Flashing amber light. Confirmed that my DSL is working as my desktop has internet access.

Did power cycle.

Did hard reset.

Also tried setup through my 12 Pro Max and still no dice.

macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

AirPort Extreme 802.11ac Gen1

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 9:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 7:01 AM

Maybe I can help you, BlkVelveteen20. Unplug the airport extreme and leave it unplugged for about 20 minutes. After that, plug in the power cable and using a straightened paperclip, insert it in the hole somewhere on the Airport Extreme. And keep it inserted for about30 seconds, then take it out. It should either show up under WiFi Networks or you can use Airport Utility to set it up. Airport utility is available for both iPhone and desktop Mac.

john b

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2021 7:01 AM in response to BlkVelveteen20

Maybe I can help you, BlkVelveteen20. Unplug the airport extreme and leave it unplugged for about 20 minutes. After that, plug in the power cable and using a straightened paperclip, insert it in the hole somewhere on the Airport Extreme. And keep it inserted for about30 seconds, then take it out. It should either show up under WiFi Networks or you can use Airport Utility to set it up. Airport utility is available for both iPhone and desktop Mac.

john b

Jun 26, 2021 7:17 AM in response to BlkVelveteen20

With the occasional power failure here, I unplug my Airport Extreme Base Station (gen 4) and unplug my cable modem. Wait 15 minutes after the power comes back on for stability, and then power on the cable modem, wait for all the lights, and then power on the AEBS. This always works to restore the green router operational light.

It has been years since I physically reset this router. Just works.

iMac 13,1 won’t recognize AirPort Extreme - Flashing Amber Light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.