Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging iphone 7plus with 20 watt charger

Hi.

Can I use 20 watt charger for my iphone 7plus to charge it faster. Is 20watt charger harm my battery?

Or can I use 18 watt charger instead?

Wich one is better( 18w or 20w),or less harm to my battery?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 3:12 PM

Again, neither would be "better" than the other for this iPhone. Both would work equally well. It helps to understand that these Apple power adapter are "smart." That is, both of them are designed to know when to adjust the charging level based on the phone's battery condition. Neither would charge your phone any faster. If given the choice, I would pick the 18W adapter for the iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2021 3:12 PM in response to Mohamed-pour

Again, neither would be "better" than the other for this iPhone. Both would work equally well. It helps to understand that these Apple power adapter are "smart." That is, both of them are designed to know when to adjust the charging level based on the phone's battery condition. Neither would charge your phone any faster. If given the choice, I would pick the 18W adapter for the iPhone.

Charging iphone 7plus with 20 watt charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.