Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brightness adjustments.

Hello guys,

Not so long ago I bought the new MacBook Pro with the M1 chip.

Whenever I open my Mac or wake it from sleep, the brightness is automatically on 50%.

The automatic brightness option is off. Is there any way to keep the brightness at the last level of brightness it was when I last used it?

Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 12:32 PM

RanArlihman wrote:

Hello guys,
Whenever I open my Mac or wake it from sleep, the brightness is automatically on 50%.
The automatic brightness option is off. Is there any way to keep the brightness at the last level of brightness it was when I last used it?
Thanks a lot!

Try a SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Login and test. Reboot as normal. and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically as well

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2021 12:32 PM in response to RanArlihman

RanArlihman wrote:

Hello guys,
Thanks a lot!

Try a SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Login and test. Reboot as normal. and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically as well

Brightness adjustments.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.