Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro screen brightness changes by itself

I have seen this question asked before but it never seems to be resolved, so just asking if this is a universal issue? Basically, I like my screen bright and set it to full brightness but every time my computer sleeps it defaults back to a particular brightness.

Do not have "automatically adjust brightness" or "true tone" selected

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 6:41 PM

In the Battery (or Energy Saver for older versions of macOS) System Preferences and disable the setting for "Slightly dim the display". When the laptop is on battery power the display's brightness will reset to the lower setting to help with extending battery run time whenever the laptop sleeps or logs out. I also find this an extremely annoying feature/setting as it should at least respect my custom setting and return to my custom setting instead of going back to some unknown macOS default setting.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 6:41 PM in response to art_silver

In the Battery (or Energy Saver for older versions of macOS) System Preferences and disable the setting for "Slightly dim the display". When the laptop is on battery power the display's brightness will reset to the lower setting to help with extending battery run time whenever the laptop sleeps or logs out. I also find this an extremely annoying feature/setting as it should at least respect my custom setting and return to my custom setting instead of going back to some unknown macOS default setting.

MacBook Pro screen brightness changes by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.