Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs keep skipping on iTunes for PC

Everytime I try to play a song through Apple Music on my PC, the songs immediately skips and I can't even hear it. This failure doesn't happen with music I've purchased, only with streaming. Also, I can't download musics from Apple Music on iTunes, it tells me that "an unknown error occured". It's happening since I downloaded iTunes on my PC and both the Apple Music app on my iPhone and the website work just fine. This is bad considering AM is a paid service and, in my opinion, the iTunes app is way better than the webside (except for the lack of dark mode).

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 11:48 AM

Make sure the Sample Rate For Audio and Bits Per Sample For Audio settings match the settings in the Sound control panel in Windows. For more info, see:

Change Playback preferences in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

You might be able to fix your issue by turning Sync Library off for all of your devices, then turning it back on again.  Learn how.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 11:48 AM in response to guibensma

Make sure the Sample Rate For Audio and Bits Per Sample For Audio settings match the settings in the Sound control panel in Windows. For more info, see:

Change Playback preferences in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

You might be able to fix your issue by turning Sync Library off for all of your devices, then turning it back on again.  Learn how.

Songs keep skipping on iTunes for PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.