You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signed out of Apple Music on MacBook Pro (MacOS 11.4)

Every time I open Music App on Mac, the first time it shows the attached pop-up. I don't understand why that happens, as the Account menu shows that I am signed in to Apple Music.

Ofcourse, this gets solved when I play some radio or open any account related option. However, Music doesn't play the first song if I don't do that.

I also do not get the options launched recently about Dolby Audio and Lossless Audio. Perhaps this is somehow linked to the Apple Music Sign-in status while launching the app.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 10:27 PM

3 replies

Jun 27, 2021 5:12 PM in response to DARSHIKSHETH

Hi,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. Could you try removing the song, restarting your device and then adding it and testing it to see if the issue persists? If the issue persists, you can try signing out and then back in. This will remove offline content. Here's a link to help: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Have a great day.

Jun 27, 2021 9:17 PM in response to brenden dv

Dear brendan dv,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried removing a song, restarting the device and then adding it again.

I also tried signing out and signing back in. However, the issue still persists.

The first song I try to play will show the same pop-up - saying that I am not signed in to the Apple Music.

I have also tried removing all downloaded songs, re-downloading them to see if that was an issue. However, no luck so far.

Signed out of Apple Music on MacBook Pro (MacOS 11.4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.