Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen flickering

i brought my mac not long ago, i’ve never had a issue with it until i did the big sur 11.4 update, and now every time i watch netflix the screen will flicker

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 2:43 AM

Does this same behaviour happen when booted into Safe Mode ? Safe Mode loads slowly and is normal. It also does a Repairs Sick, clears cache files and only loads Apple Software, extensions and Fonts. This method will help identify if this problem is from third party installed software or even user account.

Should the issue not appear in Safe Mode, it is reasonable to believe there is some non- apple software interfering with the normal operation of the OS.

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a Trusted Developer and well Respected ASC Contributor. The application is free or paid from added features. Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ). It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software. The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 2:43 AM in response to em_swan01

Does this same behaviour happen when booted into Safe Mode ? Safe Mode loads slowly and is normal. It also does a Repairs Sick, clears cache files and only loads Apple Software, extensions and Fonts. This method will help identify if this problem is from third party installed software or even user account.

Should the issue not appear in Safe Mode, it is reasonable to believe there is some non- apple software interfering with the normal operation of the OS.

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a Trusted Developer and well Respected ASC Contributor. The application is free or paid from added features. Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ). It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software. The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

screen flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.