Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When re-charging Keyboard or Mouse, how do you know when fully charged, as my Mouse seems to need charging every day?

My Mouse seems to need charging every day . Is this normal, and there seems to be no way of knowing when keyboard or Mouse are fully charged.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 1:55 AM

You can check the battery level:

However it certainly shouldn't need charging every day - weeks would be more likely. Are you sure you're charging them fully? It's a slow process and may take several hours.

If you are fully charging them and you've had them for some time the battery may be failing. I don't know whether batteries can be replaced, you'd have to ask Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 1:55 AM in response to captpeet1

You can check the battery level:

However it certainly shouldn't need charging every day - weeks would be more likely. Are you sure you're charging them fully? It's a slow process and may take several hours.

If you are fully charging them and you've had them for some time the battery may be failing. I don't know whether batteries can be replaced, you'd have to ask Support.

Jun 28, 2021 3:10 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hello Roger,

You have enlightened me somewhat!

I have now followed that procedure, thanks.

The keyboard seem ok at 71% after only short charge so I'm happy with that.

I did leave mouse charging overnight, but still not charged and no indication using bluetooth indicator.

I will give it another go, but as you say, battery may need replacing, though I only bought this iMac new , about 6 maths ago.

Anyway many thanks for the steer.

Peter Robinson

-

When re-charging Keyboard or Mouse, how do you know when fully charged, as my Mouse seems to need charging every day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.