You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad case

Hello, i have the iPad Pro 12.9 inch 1st gen with a Smart Keyboard. My keyboard does not work anymore. Do you have a solution to have a iPad with keyboard. I saw that you can’t buy a Smart Keyboard anymore. What can I do to have something where I can type that is connected with my iPad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 2:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 8:17 AM

I presume that you refer to a Smart Folio keyboard? Do you see any on-screen messages?

See >>> If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert - Apple Support

If you are using a Smart (folio) keyboard, the alert is typical of a faulty folio keyboard. The electrical connections that pass though the flexible fabric hinges typically fracture - this usually resulting in errors and/or the on-screen notification that you see.  In some situations, the internal connections are so damaged that the keyboard is not even detected.

The Smart folio keyboard itself is not repairable. The only remedy is replacement of the keyboard.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2021 8:17 AM in response to Florenceba

I presume that you refer to a Smart Folio keyboard? Do you see any on-screen messages?

See >>> If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert - Apple Support

If you are using a Smart (folio) keyboard, the alert is typical of a faulty folio keyboard. The electrical connections that pass though the flexible fabric hinges typically fracture - this usually resulting in errors and/or the on-screen notification that you see.  In some situations, the internal connections are so damaged that the keyboard is not even detected.

The Smart folio keyboard itself is not repairable. The only remedy is replacement of the keyboard.

iPad case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.