Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show My Caller ID - Spinning Wheel

Until now I have never had an issue with this feature. Reviewing the conversations others have had on these forums, it seems this issue rears it's nasty little head from time to time. Essentially, I would like to prevent my caller id from displaying when making official calls with my personal phone. This used to be possible by disabling the Show My Caller ID setting in Settings > Phone > Show My Caller ID. Now the spinning wheel is proudly displayed continuously.

The phone has been restarted and backed-up and restored following the instructions in the previous conversations all to no avail. The same issue affects an iPhone6s and iPhone7 both of which are running the latest iOS version14.6.

How can I get this feature re-enabled?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 5:38 AM

The Show My Caller ID toggle switch is now displaying as normal with no further action on my part... It would be nice to know the cause. The other iPhone was simply restarted yesterday with no effect on removing the spinning wheel. Today, that phone also works as expected. Might this suggest that this is a carrier related issue?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 5:38 AM in response to Iceman1965

The Show My Caller ID toggle switch is now displaying as normal with no further action on my part... It would be nice to know the cause. The other iPhone was simply restarted yesterday with no effect on removing the spinning wheel. Today, that phone also works as expected. Might this suggest that this is a carrier related issue?

Show My Caller ID - Spinning Wheel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.