Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't remember the password in the notes app

I can't remember the password in the notes app. How to open those locked notes

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 6:49 AM

You cannot. There is no way to reset a locked notes password. You will have to remember it if you ever wish to open those locked notes.

How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you forgot your notes password

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.”

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 6:49 AM in response to QuinNguyen

You cannot. There is no way to reset a locked notes password. You will have to remember it if you ever wish to open those locked notes.

How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you forgot your notes password

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.”

I can't remember the password in the notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.