Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchanging my iPad Pro 2021 for Mac mini

I have had the iPad Pro 11” 256gb for 5 weeks but I am really not happy with my purchase. I also have an iPad mini 5 which is still my daily driver and I am beginning to regret my purchase. After doing a lot of research I feel that a Mac mini would better suit my needs but I can’t justify spending additional funds without selling or exchanging my pro. Does anyone in the community know if apple will do an exchange ? I looked at trade in via the apple apple but it comes up at £265 which is ridiculous?

Any advice or help the community can give in solving my dilemma would be useful.

thank you

iPad Pro, 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 8:53 AM

When purchasing a new device directly from Apple, such as your iPad, you have an 14-day “unconditional returns” period in which to return an unwanted device for exchange or refund. Upon expiry of the 14-day window of opportunity, other than for warranty purposes, the opportunity to return at no cost is lost.

Apple do offer a trade-in, where qualifying devices can be returned for credit against an immediate purchase - or for an Apple Gift Voucher of the trade-in value.

Apple Trade In - Apple (UK)

You should note that achievable trade-in values are always substantially lower than the original purchase price - but offers an opportunity to recoup some value; as you have discovered, trade-in of a nearly new device is unlikely to economically attractive.

Your remaining option is to sell your device privately - where you may be able to achieve a better value than trade-in - but to be an attractive option to a private buyer will obviously be less than the full retail price that you paid only a few weeks ago.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 8:53 AM in response to Barrabarraboy

When purchasing a new device directly from Apple, such as your iPad, you have an 14-day “unconditional returns” period in which to return an unwanted device for exchange or refund. Upon expiry of the 14-day window of opportunity, other than for warranty purposes, the opportunity to return at no cost is lost.

Apple do offer a trade-in, where qualifying devices can be returned for credit against an immediate purchase - or for an Apple Gift Voucher of the trade-in value.

Apple Trade In - Apple (UK)

You should note that achievable trade-in values are always substantially lower than the original purchase price - but offers an opportunity to recoup some value; as you have discovered, trade-in of a nearly new device is unlikely to economically attractive.

Your remaining option is to sell your device privately - where you may be able to achieve a better value than trade-in - but to be an attractive option to a private buyer will obviously be less than the full retail price that you paid only a few weeks ago.

Exchanging my iPad Pro 2021 for Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.